Remington Premier 3200 One of Fifty??

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
OlderRemFan

Remington Premier 3200 One of Fifty??

Post by OlderRemFan »

I would like to know if anyone has any definite information on a group of Remington 3200 shotguns that were supposedly a special order by someone in the US that were commissioned to be engraved in Europe and sold in the US. These guns were serial numbered in the same range of Serial numbers that the guns that were send to Europe and sold by Remington's Premier International Division 3200's were serial numbered. Those all had RPI 74XXX serial numbers. The guns in question also had 74XXX serial numbers which seem to be scattered among the serial numbers of the engraved 3200's that were done in Europe, but did not have the RPI prefix on the serial numbers which all were on the upper tang.

Anyone with direct knowledge of these guns origin, please post what information you know to be true.

What I have found out so far is that they have been called the "One of Fifty" premiers because that was the amount that was commissioned. That Rudy Etchen was the person who commissioned them. However I contacted his son, and he told me he was sure it was not his dad, that if it had been he would have known.
I also know that on both guns that I have, the engraving on the forend iron was never finished. That leads me to believe the original commission was never completed. I have knowledge that at least two other of this commission do exist.
Attachments
Premier 3200 one of fifty top serial removed.jpg
Premier 3200 one of fifty top serial removed.jpg (55.69 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
Premier 3200 one of fifty bottom.jpg
Premier 3200 one of fifty bottom.jpg (71.41 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
Premier 3200 one of fifty side 2.jpg
Premier 3200 one of fifty side 2.jpg (118.19 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
Premier 3200 one of fifty.jpg
Premier 3200 one of fifty.jpg (92.58 KiB) Viewed 2596 times
Fowlgunner

Re: Remington Premier 3200 One of Fifty??

Post by Fowlgunner »

OlderRemFan,

I do not have any information other that what I have seen printed and it has been some time and I don't have the references in front of me.

The Premier Grade 3200 was a "One of Five Hundred" of that I thought it was 116 were sent for the "Overseas Market" with European Engraving.

Are you sure it wasn't "Joel Etchen Guns" that commissioned the so called fifty? Makes better sense to me but a SWAG!

Good luck in your pursuit.

Will
OlderRemFan

Re: Remington Premier 3200 One of Fifty??

Post by OlderRemFan »

two things. Remington set up a RPI division (Remington Premier International) and shipped 500 of the 3200's there for various amounts of engraving to compete in Europe with the K32's, 113 or 116 (I have heard both number) were engraved with the same pattern of engraving as shown on the pictured 3200, except they had 7 gold birds inlaid on them. None were sold in the USA, but some made it back via US military personal in Europe that bought them and brought them home. I have examples of those. Those guns all have a serial number starting with RPI 74 on the upper tang, and I believe the 74 indicates the year. The One of Fifty guns have serial numbers starting with 74, but no RPI, and those numbers are also on the upper tang. The two that I own have serial numbers mixed in with the RPI number sequence that I have documented over the years on known RPI guns.

Joel Etchen was the person I talked with. He didnt know anything about them and told me he was sure his father, Rudy. didnt commission them as he would have know about them it he had.