An 1100 that looks like this

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
DavidFagan

An 1100 that looks like this

Post by DavidFagan »

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.41.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.41.59 AM.png (787.39 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to look for if I want a 1100 that looks like this?

I don't know if that's a specific year or what, but that's what I want in 12 what should I be searching for?

This is a 410 regardless they wanted to much money for it :lol:
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
Virginian

Re: An 1100 that looks like this

Post by Virginian »

That looks like that "enhanced" receiver decoration they used for a few years around 1998 on 1100s. Then they dropped everything but the flat black, and then they brought out the Sporting models. They pushed the 11-87 hard, but the 1100 would not die. I believe it was also on the 'Classic' models produced during those years. I went thru all the catalogs but there are few clear pictures of 1100 receivers.
What could have happened... did.
Fowlgunner

Post by Fowlgunner »

David,

I am not sure they put the bird pattern on anything other than small gauges .410/28's/ and maybe 20's.

The 12 ga. pattern had rosettes and tight scroll I believe.

I will look around and see if I see anything different.

I also think it was only in the 11-87 in 12 but I may be mistaken.

Will
DavidFagan

Post by DavidFagan »

Thanks a bunch I really don't know a heck of a lot about shotguns or have had the opportunity to shoot them much, being they put the controller for my spine in my right shoulder I'm going to have to be careful which is why I don't care about magnums anyhow.

I recently found a 50's 870 and shot it along with my 32 and my 1894, all of which are just beautiful but it's just looking empty in there without a 1100. Being I have no real reason for buying other then to shoot it occasionally and keep the others company I want a purdy one...
I guess if I had a purpose I would care about the gauge it's just what all the others are.

Shooting anything around here is difficult I might just have hint for a invite and take a road trip somewhere to actually put something to use.

If nothing else perhaps I've given people someone to laugh at :lol:
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
Virginian

Post by Virginian »

Receiver decorations are purely a matter of taste. I prefer the old rather plain scrollwork on 1100s, and the new Sporting models with the plain metal are nice too, but to each their own. If you have never tried one, I have to suggest an LT-20 Model 1100. To me they point like a magic wand and shoot very soft.
I don't care if anyone laughs as long as it puts a smile on my face.
What could have happened... did.
DavidFagan

Post by DavidFagan »

There's a fine line between nice looking wood and is that plastic?

Finding a like new from the 60's is going to be tough.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
dhenzler

Post by dhenzler »

The Remington 1187 Premier models (early) came with the embellished receiver. I had one, but gave it to my daughter to sell in her Pawn Shop. I picked it up because it was really dirty and had some pre-rust starting. I was able to restore most of it's looks, and after a thorough cleaning using a tooth brush and many other kinds of brushes... shot well. I think it sold for about $650.

These embellished models are pretty rare... if you find one, and the seller isn't aware of it's rarity you might get it for $550 or so. Some folks don't trust the 1187's but I frankly think it's superior to the newer models and in my experience they shoot light loads better than some older 1100's

Dave