Remington 90-T Grade "F" Premier

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Stl Flyn

Remington 90-T Grade "F" Premier

Post by Stl Flyn »

I have an as thread titled, 90-T. I know who was the original owner of the gun, a former CEO of Dupont/Remington. What I am curious to know is, how many other factory marked "F" Grade 90-T's are there, and what would be a possible value range, considering the history, and availability? Though it has been shot very little, it is in almost new condition. Thanks, Jon
GeneM

Re: Remington 90-T Grade "F" Premier

Post by GeneM »

The Remington Model 90-T was developed by US Competition Arms for Remington and sold from 1991 - 1997. It was advertised as available in Custom Grades on Special Order. The Remington Factory engravers were Leo W. Bala who signed his work with initials in a rock or a stump in the game scene and Don Talbot who signed his work with a DAT or his name in very small letters near the trigger guard. One other possibility is the Remington commissioned an outside engraver. They had the first Remington Parker A 1 Special prototype engraved by Byrson Gwinnell in 1989 for Richard E. Heckert, retiring Chairman and CEO of E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Co.

See if it is signed by the engraver.
Stl Flyn

Post by Stl Flyn »

That is the guy that this 90-T was engraved for. His initials are the serial number on the bottom of the receiver. I can't find any initials in the engraving however. It is all scroll engraved, not really a scene.
GeneM

Post by GeneM »

Would you be able to post close up pictures of the engraving? That might help in IDing the engraver.
Stl Flyn

Post by Stl Flyn »

I can't get a picture to upload here from my files.
tudurgs

Post by tudurgs »

Dick Heckert was a really good man. About 6'5", and an enthusiastic hunter
Wulfman

Post by Wulfman »

I'd be interested to know how the OP came by the gun. Dick had a residence in this area and our paths crossed occasionally.

http://www.southernchestercountyweeklie ... /301149982

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 2736060774

Den

OlderRemFan

Post by OlderRemFan »

they produced one is my understanding. It came out of a member of he Dupont estate was the story I was told by the person who had it for sale. I had a chance to purchase it but passed, not knowing it was a premier at the time the person said he would have a 90T for sale from the same estate that I purchased three guns from. He didnt mention it was a F grade and later listed it on the trapshooters web site. It lasted just a few minutes before it sold at what I thought was a very reasonable price. That was a few years ago.
I ended up with a Remington 3200, One of Fifty, from that estate, that I have not been able to find out who commissioned them to be made.
OlderRemFan

Post by OlderRemFan »

Here are some pictures of the Richard Heckart 90T. It is not the F grade 90T that I had a chance to buy and turned down not knowing what the seller had. It had gold inlays. The seller is the same one that sold the Heckart gun. These pictures are from the Trap Shooters website.
Attachments
90t receiver bottom.jpg
90t receiver bottom.jpg (76.09 KiB) Viewed 5128 times
90t left side.jpg
90t left side.jpg (85.56 KiB) Viewed 5128 times
90t forend bottom.jpg
90t forend bottom.jpg (78.74 KiB) Viewed 5128 times
90t f grade stock right side.jpg
90t f grade stock right side.jpg (79.87 KiB) Viewed 5128 times
90t f grade stock receiver side.jpg
90t f grade stock receiver side.jpg (76.96 KiB) Viewed 5128 times
Stl Flyn

Post by Stl Flyn »

That is the gun I have. I purchased it from the gentleman that bought it on TS.