Requesting info re Rem mdl 2 semiauto Browning Patent 12 ga

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
J W Mathews

Requesting info re Rem mdl 2 semiauto Browning Patent 12 ga

Post by J W Mathews »

A friend of mine has a semiauto shotgun that belonged to his father. He says it is marked Browning Patent & has a squareback receiver, & has described it to me as a Remington "Model 2." Anyone ever heard of this model #? I am not familiar with it & have not yet seen the gun to verify the markings.

Thanx for any help.
Last edited by J W Mathews on Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

The Blue Book of Gun Values shows only one model 2. It's a "NO. 2 Sporting rifle" in .22 and .38 rimfire. That's obviously not it. More info is needed.

Dave
J W Mathews

Post by J W Mathews »

Dave--

thank you for trying to help. I was able to see my friend's gun yesterday evening & it turns out he interpreted the model # as being Roman Numerals! It is a Model 11. Interesting how some peoples' minds work...

The "Blue Book of Gun Values" states that the letter/number date codes used by Remington began in 1921. Is there a list available that identifies earlier years in which a specific serial number gun was manufactured?
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm not sure, but I expect there is a way. Check this site using the search engine. Or pose that question on it's own on this forum.

Dave