1894 BE Restoration

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Tamid

Re: 1894 BE Restoration

Post by Tamid »

James,

I do not find the layout of the relationship from the cheek checkering to the arrow head to the checkering on the wrist to be all that symmetrical and is unpleasing to my eye. I took your picture in Illustrator and tried to connect the points which I think should aline and couldn't achieve it. The red line links the points on the cheek checkering showing the arrow head and wrist checkering are off. The blue line tries to link the point on the cheek checkering and the arrow head and shows the wrist checkering is not inline. The green line forms an arch from the cheek checkering to the wrist checkering and shows the bottom point of the cheek checkering and the arrow head can not line up.

To correct I would realine the arrow head dropping the tip then raising the wrist checkering. That is how my mind wants to see it. If the layout showed that couldn't be achieved I would remove the arrowhead and replace with something smaller then realine the wrist checkering.

Just my thoughts.

Double click the thumbnail to enlarge.

Flinter991

Post by Flinter991 »

Tamid, what beautiful work!!!
My beater 1894 is nowhere near that level, but it is the same basic gun. I need some screws, and wonder if you can tell me where to get them:
The front screw in the fore-end (close to the push button); the trigger plate screw directly in front of the trigger guard; and the two long tang screws would be nice to replace.
Flinter991
Tamid

Post by Tamid »

I think you are confusing me with Canvasback but none-the-less I have all my Remington work done by Terry Deem in Ohio. He may have some of the parts you are looking for.