1894 disassembly

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Shotguns
berettasskeeter

1894 disassembly

Post by berettasskeeter »

I bought Semmer's book. It is beautiful but utterly devoid of technical info. Can anyone direct me to a source of info on disassembly/assembly of Remington's great SxS' s?
I have a nice 1894 and cannot get into the receiver?
John
dieNusse1

Re: 1894 disassembly

Post by dieNusse1 »

What are you interested in doing?

From memory, to get into the action body first remove the trigger guard by removing the screw(s) on the tang and then rotate the guard counter clock-wise. Next remove the screw located under the break lever and the screws located in the trigger plate. At this point you should be able to separate the action body from the trigger plate and stock.

Good luck!
berettasskeeter

I got that. But the trigger plate does not just pop off. Should I rap the receiver with a plastic hammer? I just don't want to pull on something when I don't know what is holding it. I am having the same problem with the stock. It seems to be held by something within the tang area. I'm pretty good with guns but a complete lack of info is pretty unhelpful.
Thanks
dieNusse1

Post by dieNusse1 »

The trigger plate is a tight fit to the action body. A rap or two with a plastic or rubber hammer can be used to free the trigger plate. The stock will be easy to remove once the trigger plate is loose.
berettasskeeter

Thanks. I'll try it and let you know how it goes.