Manufacture date for Model 700 in 222 cal.

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
ND_RC

Manufacture date for Model 700 in 222 cal.

Post by ND_RC »

I am looking for the manufacture date for my Model 700 Remington in 222 cal. I asked a salesman at a local gunshop and he could only guess.

Not sure if it is wise to give out the whole number so here is part of it A65XXX56 (x's are numbers left out). PM me if you need the whole number.

I wish Remington had a website to look up these numbers like other manufactures do.

Thanks in advance.
rafter-7

dating

Post by rafter-7 »

on the left side of the gun on the barrel just in front of the reciever just above the wood line there are one or two small letters stamped that is the code for the year of mfg. get the letters and go to your blue book of gun values and in the back of the book and letters will turn into the mfg. date

rafter-7

also from north dakota
ND_RC

Post by ND_RC »

Rafter,

The two letters are RO. There is also 2 small numbers right in front of the receiver, they are 57.

Do you happen to have a Blue Book of Gun Values or know where I could get one.

Thanks

Image[/img]
rafter-7

code

Post by rafter-7 »

november of 1977

if i am reading it correctly

over at
http://www.rimfirecentral.com under the remington catagory there is a sticky thread labeled remington mfg.codes that explains how to decifer it

rafter-7
John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

On the home page of this website put "Barrel Codes" in the "Search RSA" box and you will find the barrel codes for dating your rifle.

John Gyde