Model 12-A

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
ltrainer

Model 12-A

Post by ltrainer »

I read some of the earlier treads but am confused. My Model 12-A has a date code letter G on the barrel. My serial # is 425069. Some one in an earlier thread said this model was only made between 1909 and 1936. This date code would be 1938. Any help as to the year would be great. Also where could I get a diagram and parts for this antique?
John Gyde

Model 12

Post by John Gyde »

Your rifle was made in 1917, before Remington started using date codes (in 1921). Factory records so show that a (one) Model 12 was made in 1938 as a mop-up of existing parts. There was some overlap between the Model 12 and the M/121. The first Model 121 was made in Sept, 1936 and normal production of Model 12s continued at least through October. Total production of the Model 12 exceeded 830,000.

There are several books that give exploded drawings and take-apart instructions for the Model 12. Check at gun shows, gun shops and used book stores. The NRA has published several.

As to parts... Again I would check at gun shops, gun shows and gunsmiths. They are also available at the various internet auctions including eBay, Auction Arms & Gunbroker.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

John Gyde
Dave

parts

Post by Dave »

I've had very good luck at http://www.e-gunparts.com/ for any parts I need. I think they are the largest supplier of old gun parts there is.

Dave

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all the information!!!