remington 572

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
mlsfarms

remington 572

Post by mlsfarms »

I recently acquired a 572 with no S#. This item has a tan colored wood, with checkering, and a stainless steel tub and trigger. What do I have?
thdew22

Remington Model 572 Buckskin Tan

Post by thdew22 »

You have a Remington Model 572 Buckskin Tan. Would you like to sell it?
mlsfarms

Post by mlsfarms »

thdew22---not really. I am collecting 572s for my grandsons. I could use additional 572s if you know of any for sale. In our country, the average 572 will cost from $175-220.
Merlin35

Model 572, BDL Deluxe Fieldmaster

Post by Merlin35 »

There are Fieldmasters out there. I am in the process of purchasing one, NIB, which I found on GunsAmerica. All you have to do is pay the price they want, which is between $300-$400.
rafter-7

cool

Post by rafter-7 »

now all you half to do is find ....

the black one
the blue one [very hard]
and the pink one [even harder]

my gun buddy had all four so i got to see them all on one table but he sold them as a set one year ago

rafter-7
John Gyde

Model 572

Post by John Gyde »

The factory records that I have seen only show three variations; Buckskin tan, Teal Wing Blue & Crow Wing Black. Some of the BuckSkinTan ones vary in color quite a bit. Could that be the pink one???

To attempt to clarify the description earlier in this post, the barrels were steel, 23" long, and covered with anodized (for color) aluminum. The receivers were also aluminum. The rear sights and outer magazine tubes were "chrome plated". The sight elevators and front sights were usually buckskin tan in color, even on the black and blue versions. The stocks were called Sungrain Walnut by Remington.

John Gyde