121 Routledge (?)

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
henry0reilly

121 Routledge (?)

Post by henry0reilly »

This rifle bears the serial number 128xxx. I am hoping that someone here can tell me the correct nomenclature, date of manufacture, quantity manufactured, and approximate value. The date code on the barrel is "PB" with another unidentifiable character sort of like a very rough "C" turned 90 degrees with the opening up. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on these questions.
Last edited by henry0reilly on Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is that Good men to nothing. Recruit someone for the NRA today.

Post by Guest »

Looks to be a model 121 rimfire smoothbore. They were made from about 1936 to 1954 and around 3000 were produced. Good gun for the garden. I wouldn't sell it without having somebody lay hands on it and give an value call. Price ranges from $200 to $800 in the books. Depends on condition and who is doing the buying. I would want to shoot it and only pay low end of scale. Somebody needing it for a collection would sooner catch a varmint and bite its head off than pull the trigger on a collection gun. They would pay more!

good luck, :D
henry0reilly

Post by henry0reilly »

John Gyde very kindly answered the email I sent to Roy Marcot.

This gun was produced in 1949 and he estimated the value at around $600, so my asking price at the auction of $450 is in the ball park.
The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is that Good men to nothing. Recruit someone for the NRA today.