General information

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Intrest-rem

General information

Post by Intrest-rem »

I have a few Remington rifles. Since Remington is no longer in business, I became curious and wanted to learn more about them; manufacture dates, production numbers, values, etc., but haven't been able to find very much information. These are the rifles and all I know about them now. Model numbers; 870 marine mag XCS (NIB), 1100 sporting 12 (NIB), I was able to date these, the 870; 07/2007 and the 1100; 11/2007. I have a 12C 60%, 12CS 60%, 540RX 80%, a couple of Eddystones, a 1917 and an A3-03 these seem to be in relatively good condition. Let me say that I am not a gun grader but looked for some help online with grading the 12C, CS and 540RX. Some of these rifles are in storage but can get some pics later if necessary. I hoped someone would share websites, links, publications or any other source of information on Remington firearms.
nambujim

Re: General information

Post by nambujim »

It would appear you have already "graded" your collection, if you are asking this site to put a value on them individually or as a group that's something we don't do. You would be better off checking the auction sites to see what the items are valued at and selling for.

You have some nice items and a few that are fairly rare but at this point in time it appears just about anything that shoots brings top dollar. I'll bet you might even be able to trade your Model 12C for a couple thousand primers.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson
Intrest-rem

Post by Intrest-rem »

Thanks Jim for responding, I am new to posting and probably should've read some of the other postings before I began so my question or motives may not be clear. My first post was in the general comments section. It was suggested I repost with more information, model numbers, condition ect. in the post-1898 section. I am not looking for someone to appraise my rifles I am requesting information in general, I want to learn more about them and Remington, I can't seem to find much and hoped that I might get some help here.
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

For general information as well as prices, I would recommend "The Blue Book of Gun Values".
All of your arms would be listed with basic information.
Intrest-rem

Post by Intrest-rem »

Thanks Chuck for your help. I've seen gun valuation books advertised but didn't know witch one was best or that there was general info in any of them.