Model 12a 22” S, L, LR Pump 22

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Arrabon

Model 12a 22” S, L, LR Pump 22

Post by Arrabon »

Just received this rifle that was my Grandmother’s “rabbit and raider” gun 😳.

VERY difficult to see date code on the left side/bottom of the barrel very near the receiver appears to be a U and an E. It also has another character...can’t tell what it is, but maybe an inspection mark? The Model number and serial number appears on the left side of the receiver. SN: 320352.

Any help with manu date is appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Model 12a 22” S, L, LR Pump 22

Post by admin »

Arrabon wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:27 am Just received this rifle that was my Grandmother’s “rabbit and raider” gun 😳.

VERY difficult to see date code on the left side/bottom of the barrel very near the receiver appears to be a U and an E. It also has another character...can’t tell what it is, but maybe an inspection mark? The Model number and serial number appears on the left side of the receiver. SN: 320352.

Any help with manu date is appreciated.
The date from serial is 1915 but I didn't think they had the model on the side that early. Hopefully someone will explain.
Arrabon

Post by Arrabon »

The SN COULD start with a “5”... Again, quite hard to read. Fairly sure it’s a “3”, but “5” is possible. Would that make things line up?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That would make it 1920 and I think the model is on the side but still have to wait for a year for a date code. I will stop guessing and wait for someone who knows. :lol: