Remington 700 information

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
WhiteJD5586

Remington 700 information

Post by WhiteJD5586 »

I was looking for information on my Remington 700 Serial # C6250976 any information on it would be great thank you for your time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

older than you +1

Re: Remington 700 information

Post by older than you +1 »

It would help me help you if you provided the two letter barrel code found on the side of the barrel. That information along with the serial number you provided should give us the answer. Do you know what model 700 it is?
WhiteJD5586

Post by WhiteJD5586 »

Oh only thing I have is just this.Image

older than you +1

Post by older than you +1 »

If your rifle has a barrel code, it would be on the opposite side of the barrel from when your serial number is. If your rifle does not have a barrel, it could have been made in the Remington Custom shop. Please provide a picture of the rifle for more assistance.
Wulfman

Post by Wulfman »

WhiteJD5586 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:58 pm I was looking for information on my Remington 700 Serial # C6250976 any information on it would be great thank you for your time.

Go to this link and figure it out.

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/manufacture-dates/

The "C" prefix to the serial number means it was probably manufactured in the latter half of the 1980s. The barrel date codes will narrow it down to the month and year of manufacture.

The barrel codes in that link I listed are on the barrel just ahead of where the serial number is. It should be fairly simple to figure it out.
Your question about "any information" is a pretty wide-open question, but without any further clues and with such a limited picture of the rifle makes it extremely difficult to provide any further information other than about a 5 - 6 year date range.
Caliber? Stock style? More inclusive picture?

Den