Threaded barrel on a 12A?

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Red1rader

Threaded barrel on a 12A?

Post by Red1rader »

I bought a Remington model 12A with threads on the end of the barrel? Does anyone know if that was actually factory?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Threaded barrel on a 12A?

Post by admin »

Red1rader wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:25 pm I bought a Remington model 12A with threads on the end of the barrel? Does anyone know if that was actually factory?
It certainly could be and the Maxim suppressor is in hiding :lol:

I know I have pictures around somewhere (if not lost) of the original and the box!
nambujim

Re: Threaded barrel on a 12A?

Post by nambujim »

Some years back when I was buying a lot of rifles out of Australia it was not uncommon to find Model 12's with threaded barrels which is perfectly legal "down under". I parted out most of the Model 12's including some of the barrels and sold two 12A's at gun shows. Check your rifle to see if it has import marks on it which are usually stamped under the barrel, it might have come in from Australia and might have been done locally but cannot find anything in all my old advertising and threaded barrels are not listed as a factory option. I have several lists from the 20's and 30's and don't see it listed but then just about anything is possible with Remington during this era.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson