725 Kodiaks and early 1962 and 1963 model 700 Safari rifles

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
54bullseye

725 Kodiaks and early 1962 and 1963 model 700 Safari rifles

Post by 54bullseye »

Hi my name is John and I am very interested in the 725 Kodiak and early 700 Safari rifles. I would like to find other people that own 725 Kodiaks early 700 Safari's to determine how long a few components / features were made. Number one is the contrasting ivory colored inlays that covered the brass reinforcing pins. From what I have found so far at least on my guns the 1962 guns have one ivory colored inlay and one that's wood. I only have one 1963 Safari and that one has both wood inlays no ivory. Does anyone out there have 1963 Safari's with ivory inlays or did all 1963 guns have just the wood inlays ? Also according to John Lacy the muzzle brake was standard in 62 and 63 but was offered as an option after that. Does anyone have a 1964 or later gun that has the muzzle brake ? My 1963 does have the brake it also has the black fore end and pistol grip cap and the frosted areas on the top of receiver but does not have cut out for receiver sight. I have a friend that has a 1963 Safari that has the brake and no receiver sight cut out but instead of black fore end and pistol grip it has contrasting wood pistol grip cap and fore end. Has any one else seen this ?

As I said I am very interested in the Kodiaks and Safaris and would love to hear from others who own them to compare specs and features. I would also like to compile a list of serial numbers just to see how many might be left out there. Hopefully there are others out there who have interest in these early quite rare BIG GUNS !!! Any info on these guns would be greatly appreciated ! If you have ever googled or tried to research these guns you will see there is almost nothing out there on them !! John Lacy's book is by far the most you will find on them and even John can't answer a lot of questions on them. Thanks and hope to hear back from people with information ! John T.
P.S. you can pm me with phone numbers or email address if you would like to talk in person I will respond to you.
texasaggie09

Re: 725 Kodiaks and early 1962 and 1963 model 700 Safari rifles

Post by texasaggie09 »

John,

I cannot PM you but would like to talk to you about a Kodiak. Please email me at: crb87@live.com if you happen to see this. Thanks!