Help identifying Bolt Assembly...

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
stacyl14

Help identifying Bolt Assembly...

Post by stacyl14 »

I have a bolt assembly that I found in a box, it is identical to the bolt assembly from my Remington Speedmaster 552 with one exception. It has a piece on the opposite side from the ejector that is very similar to the ejector. It looks kind of like a crabs claw. I'm going to try and attach a picture so that you can see what I'm trying to describe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[img][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/s ... wcwgwg.jpg[/img][/img]
600RemGuy

Re: Help identifying Bolt Assembly...

Post by 600RemGuy »

IIRC they changed the extractor system at some point in production. I'd have to be home to peruse the Remington 22 bible and comfirm my suspicions.
stacyl14

Post by stacyl14 »

600RemGuy,
If you could verify that I would be most grateful. I have been trying to figure it out since I found it several months ago. I know that it does fit in my 552 but I have not tried to run any ammo through it. Besides I already have 2 bolts assemblies for my 552.

Thanks for the reply.
600RemGuy

Post by 600RemGuy »

Just seen this again and remembered to check it out. Then I remembered! What you have is a bolt for the 552's cousin, the 572 slide/pump action. The 572 has 2 extractors; the 552 having only one.

Sorry to keep you waiting and for the brain cramp. I shoulda remembered. I have one of both but not fooled with them for a while now.
stacyl14

Post by stacyl14 »

No problem, I really appreciate your help with this. I was just trying to identify it to see if I really needed to hold on to it. Again, Thank You for your help.