Selling/asking price ranges for 2 C&R-class .22 rifles

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
SWAGshooter

Selling/asking price ranges for 2 C&R-class .22 rifles

Post by SWAGshooter »

Hello all, posted here a few weeks ago with questions about a 12A and a Quackenbush single-shot and received great help and info, thank you "Admin".

I do want to hand these rifles off to someone who would take care of them and give them a good home, and GunBroker.com was the suggested way to go. I was also considering GunsAmerica.com, but there are fewer listings for these era and type of firearms. Both are considered C&R as they are at least 106-130 years old.

My question is, what is a reasonable high-low asking price range for the Remington 12A? Sellers are all over the board, from $150 for a dusty and dirty POS "grenade" to $1,000 for a restored "polished presentation grade" wall hanger. Mine is in beautifully aged condition.

I was thinking that I run a selling post for "$400.00, or reasonable offer", and probably a reasonable reserve so I don't get taken to the cleaners; likewise for the Quackenbush, the ones I've seen for sale are little more than a kid-size war club which will break on impact, so mine is pristine by comparison.

"ADMIN" already replied that the Quackenbush would probably top out at $150 (thank you, btw), but the ones I've been seeing look like they were shotgunned with all the pitting and marks, and the selling price with competing bids are starting at $250. I know I know, market and desirability drives the purchase point, and a Quackenbush is neither a good market nor desirable. The Remington is definitely a different story, though.

Any advice or suggestions are warmly and gratefully welcomed, thank you everyone.