.30 & .32 Remington Brass / Buffalo Arms / Good Stuff

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
nambujim

.30 & .32 Remington Brass / Buffalo Arms / Good Stuff

Post by nambujim »

I have been buying from these folks for years and their record for putting out really good products while providing excellent customer service is unsurpassed in the industry (and I'm not getting any freebies for saying that).

I purchased some of their .30 Remington brass along with a box of .32 Remington loaded ammunition to test in both the Model 14 and 141. Buffalo is the "only" retailer that will advise you of the fact you need to use RN ammunition in the 14/141, some years back I bought the matter to their attention in an email and they called me at home to discuss it, shortly after they started making loads for both the 8/81 and 14/141 noting the need to use RN in the latter.

They are using reformed Starline 38-55 basic brass to make the .30 & .32 Brass and I am here to tell you it looks fantastic and performs perfectly when tested in "several" of my 14/141's. I only fired five (5) rounds but there was no neck cracking or any sign of case failure and their loaded rounds shoot in the same place as my reloads using factory equivalent loads.

They fit perfectly in the shell holder for reloading and seem every bit as good as the original .30 Remington Brass we had been using for years. The fact they fit the shell holder, functioned perfectly in the rifles, and at least after my short test did NOT exhibit any neck cracking is a real step forward.
I can't say the same for some of the other "aftermarket" brass out there but let me say that I shy away from brass that has a headstamp starting with a "J" or "Q", the former fits the shell holder poorly or not at all and the latter has a 50% neck crack rate after one firing..........that was MY experience.

There was one minor fault with the loaded .32 ammunition and that is they did NOT have a factory crimp and after being loaded and unloaded three times (as you would in hunting), two of the bullets had started to slip back into the case, and a third looked to be making the effort to do so. I will email Buffalo advising them of the need to use a factory crimp on these calibers BUT if you purchase some and have reloading equipment I suggest you use a LEE factory crimp die on them, it works like a champ.

If you are a hunter and/or use a fully loaded magazine for any reason I suggest you empty the magazine by removing the plug............it will save a lot of wear and tear on the brass. Buffalo's brass isn't cheap but it is reasonable and it appears from my limited testing to be "good stuff", I thought $39.70 for a box of loaded .32 Remington stuff to be a really good deal (plus postage), the price for a small quantity of the .30 Remington Brass is $1.11 each plus postage......and yes I paid for it, no freebies!

For the record the head stamp has the Starline logo and all is marked 38-55.

Hope some of this info helps.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson
old tanker

Re: .30 & .32 Remington Brass / Buffalo Arms / Good Stuff

Post by old tanker »

I wonder why .30 Remington should be so hard to get from Remington. It is the parent brass for for 6.8 SPC.

Back when the Bren Ten was a hot topic cut down .30 Remington brass was the ticket until Norma loaded 10mm ammo.
Scorpion8

Re: .30 & .32 Remington Brass / Buffalo Arms / Good Stuff

Post by Scorpion8 »

Good news! I'm a .32 Remington fan and am building up a stock for a fun, light-shooting rifle.
NRA Life; NAHC Life; Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, ......glory .......lasts forever!