Model 700 BDL Baby Magnum Production Totals

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
700_classic

Model 700 BDL Baby Magnum Production Totals

Post by 700_classic »

Hi,

Does anyone have exact factory production totals for the 6.5mm and .350 magnums in the 1969 BDL's? It's usually stated as about 1500 of each, but I've also seen very specific numbers (but from questionable sources). Does the RSA research team have any real numbers from Remington? As of this week I have as-new examples of both and would like to be more exact about their rarity. More broadly, if we have real production stats on the collectible guns and rarer calibers, can we post them permanently somewhere on the site? John Lacy's excellent book has specifics on 721/722/725 production, but the later guns seem to be more of a mystery or estimate. I know Billy has written a lot about 600/660 production - it would be great to have the knowledge base readily available, if it exists.

Thanks,

Chris
Wulfman

Re: Model 700 BDL Baby Magnum Production Totals

Post by Wulfman »

700_classic wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have exact factory production totals for the 6.5mm and .350 magnums in the 1969 BDL's? It's usually stated as about 1500 of each, but I've also seen very specific numbers (but from questionable sources). Does the RSA research team have any real numbers from Remington? As of this week I have as-new examples of both and would like to be more exact about their rarity. More broadly, if we have real production stats on the collectible guns and rarer calibers, can we post them permanently somewhere on the site? John Lacy's excellent book has specifics on 721/722/725 production, but the later guns seem to be more of a mystery or estimate. I know Billy has written a lot about 600/660 production - it would be great to have the knowledge base readily available, if it exists.

Thanks,

Chris
Did you happen to do a search on this forum?

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/forums/ ... mit=Search

Specifically this link.......lists about 1100 made:

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/forums/ ... num#p21915

Den

700_classic

Re: Model 700 BDL Baby Magnum Production Totals

Post by 700_classic »

I did search, yes, and saw the posts, thanks... "about 1100", or "about 1500" has been stated often. I was simply asking if anyone from the research team had more recently discovered actual numbers rather than estimates.