remington model 76 .22 black and silver

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
adam derby

remington model 76 .22 black and silver

Post by adam derby »

I am seeking a model 76 in .22 cal black and silver(apache model) any tips?
remingtongeo

Post by remingtongeo »

Hi Adam,

I have been collecting 22 Remingtons for about seven years now. As far as I know a chrome plated 76, 10 Mohawk, 10, 11, or 12 was never built. I have a 66 and a 77 but that's as far as it goes.

Looking in a 1965 Shootr's Bible (before the 77 was built) I see only the 66 listed in chrome.

The bad new is that I see the 66 was built in a 22 short "Gallery Special" and there is a 10 SB Smooth Bore. :shock:

Damm, now I have two more Nylon Remingtons to collect to finish that part of the collection. I thought I was done with the Nylons. :evil:

George Pavel
adamderby

model 76

Post by adamderby »

They made the model 76 lever action between '62 and '64 they call the pne I am looking for the apache madel some books say it is black and chrome and some say it is black and silver. I cannot find it anywhere in the last couple of years, I have seen them before but they are not really common. Hopefully someone out there will have one for sale.Thanks for taking the time to respond.

adam
remingtongeo

Post by remingtongeo »

You're right. The Model 76 came in a black and chrome, brown and blued and a black and blued.

John Raynor, a R.S.A. member, seems to be the man on the Remington Nylons.

George