remington model 14

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
olskool

remington model 14

Post by olskool »

Imagehello folks, this is my first post here. i thought i would start with my rem. model 14 it is in 30 rem. i found it in a pawn shop a wile back, it had no blueing on it and the crud on the wood was so thick that you could not see much of the grain. they had no clue what it was, the gun was tight with a perfect bore, so i got it cheep. i brought it home completley took it apart, i always wanted one in a carbine so i cut the barrel to 18 1/2 in reblued with a matt finish cut a dovetail and installed a skinner front sight. i stripped the wood and lightly roughed the wood with 320 and used tru-oil the gun shoots great, i will get me some deer meat with it this year. one of the members here jim p. dated it for me and said it was 1912
rem141

Re: remington model 14

Post by rem141 »

olskool,
Nice looking gun, you did a great job of bringing that one back to life. The 30 Rem is a good deer caliber and the carbine length will give you increased speed to get on target and better handling in thick wooded areas. You have made yourself a great hunting companion.
Good luck, ken