New to forum New remington

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
lavonfisher

New to forum New remington

Post by lavonfisher »

Hey guys! Found this forum online a few hours after purchasing my first remington 700 chambered in 22-250 with a wood stock and white highlights around the butt and lower and front. It has a 24" bull barrel with a decent scope on there, but I will be changing it out for a Nikon Monarch as soon as I get time to mess around with sighting it in.

I am trying to find out what year my rifle was made. The serial number is C6723267. On the left of that it has a weird looking V with maybe an OM or just M then 56.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
avery53

Re: New to forum New remington

Post by avery53 »

lavonfisher

Post by lavonfisher »

Thank you for the reply! I like knowing when it was produced.

Does anybody know how I can find out what series of 700 it is? Would it be a deluxe because of the black points on the stock, white rings and heavy barrel?
The Gamemaster

Post by The Gamemaster »

Dial 1 800 243 9700 and ask the operator.
lavonfisher

Post by lavonfisher »

Thanks I spoke with them and they confirmed its a 1992 build BDL Varmint Special. Pretty neat that they can provide all that from the serial number, sounds like a great company and this is my first remington.

I am currently getting a Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 BDC installed on it. It's in immaculate condition apart from the butt which has a nick in it, and only has 18 rounds run through it. I am also going to adjust the trigger so it is as light as possible.

Will be posting some pictures as soon as I get it back. It's a beautiful piece! :D