Creedmoor positions?

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
.22-5-40

Creedmoor positions?

Post by .22-5-40 »

Hello, I was wondering if any of you who shoot your Remingtons, ever have tried the old back positions used by the long range shooters of Wimbledon or Creedmoor?
I have always wanted to emulate these old time match shooters & have had this idea in the back of my mind for years, so last week, I decided to do something about it. I started digging, and came up with the book Americans And Their Guns. It has detailed facts of the early years of Creedmoor and Seagirt. Also detailed dimensions of the huge chilled cast-iron long-range targets that were imported from England. The first used a square bullseye, later changed to round. Working with a printer friend, and a computer, these were precisely scaled down 1/10 for 100yd. .22 L.R. shooting. I made both square & round bullseyes. These are 3.6". I don't even know if I can see this thru irons at 100yds! Maybe I will even try and contort my old carcass into one of those fancy Creedmoor positions...Have to watch out for toes! All this anticipated fun will have to wait until warmer weather, as range is buried in snow and single didget temps. :lol: