Danish Roller firing pins?

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
VWMAN

Danish Roller firing pins?

Post by VWMAN »

Does anybody have a picture of the Danish firing pin that can be reversed from rim fire to centerfire by flipping it? Very curious as to what it looked like. My Son and I both have Danish Rollers, his in 45x 41 and mine in 45x 51, neither pin will flip to the rimfire FP. hole.

Thanks;
VW MAN.
ehull

Re: Danish Roller firing pins?

Post by ehull »

Are you perhaps confusing the military alteration from rimfire to centerfire, as having RF/CF interchangeability? The Danes intended the change to CF to be permanent and made no special firing pin that was reversible.
tjack

Post by tjack »

While occasionally seen in print, the firing pin on Danish Rolling Blocks is not reversible. I have a few Danes and none of the firing pins can be turned around to be used for rimfire cartridges. Another example of erroneous information taking on a life of its own.
VWMAN

Post by VWMAN »

Thank you for your replies, I am new to rollers and had heard the myth several times over the last few years, obviously, this involved two separate firing pins to change over and the pin that flipped was only in someone's imagination.
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

The one I had was converted to CF, but the old hole was plugged. So the original firing pin couldn't be used anymore once converted.