Help with a Rolling block 50-70 ID?

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
Red Welder

Help with a Rolling block 50-70 ID?

Post by Red Welder »

Hello all!

I am new to this site (newbie) but have read many of the posts on this subject and I'm still not sure what I have or of its value. I. Purchased what I believe to be an 1867 50-70 that is marked L. Remington & sons on the tang with a bunch of paten dated that go up trough 1872 or 74. The rear sight is adj. leaf type forward of the breach. The barrel bands are all marked with a U. The barrel is marked with a capitol B near the breach face above the stock on the left. Bore is near mint.. The rear slug swivel is on the butt of the stock and NOT on the trigger guard. Cleaning Rand is present and in good shape. Muzzle crown is good. Very little rust. No marking that I can see on the side plates but it has the diamond retaining plate. Sadly, no military cartouches seen.. I have two 20 round green label paper boxes boxes of shells marked Government 50-70. They are full. Looks like in cursive pencil on side of box " Recieved or Reloaded(dunno) 1945. Help.. ID model ?? Worth for package ? Stock looks very nice walnut Mabel no cracks or bad marks..Thanks !!! RED WELDER ..USA