Relining a No2 barrel

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
stevenjay1

Relining a No2 barrel

Post by stevenjay1 »

I am looking for a good gunsmith to reline a sewer pipe barrel on a No.2 RRB. The rifle is currently in 32R/F and I would like it relined and chamber for 32/20 plus convert the block to center fire. Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith to do this work? Thanks, Steve
Just another home sick Texan that shouldn't of left in the first place!
Dick Hosmer

Re: Relining a No2 barrel

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Bobby Hoyt, Fairfield, PA is the go-to guy for barrel lining, hands down. He is more than capable of doing the block, but barrels are his specialty. I'd ask him.

Does not do email, and can be hard to get on the phone, but well worth the wait/effort.
tjack

Post by tjack »

Two others you might try:
Randal Redman, Washington. 509-826-5512 (randyman@ncidata.com). He relined a No. 2 for me back in 2012. He said that the barrel on the No.2 is rather thin compared to his liner that I had to sigh a waver of liability in case something went wrong while reaming out the bore for the liner. As he had done a few other relines for me I had no reservations and the job came out great.
Another option in John Taylor, also in WA state. He is not good on the phone so the best way to contact him is at www.johntaylormachine.com. He has also done several relines for me with great results. I believe he uses a thinner liner than Redman. Redman makes his own liners (so I've been told).
stevenjay1

Post by stevenjay1 »

Thank you for the leads, I will contact them. Steve
Just another home sick Texan that shouldn't of left in the first place!