Found a 51

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
Plain Old Dave

Found a 51

Post by Plain Old Dave »

After decades of looking, one is inbound. Honest old gun and only $300. Suggestions for range ammo? This will be my Sunday gun. I have pics, but there's no way to upload them, it doesn't look like.
Plain Old Dave

Re: Found a 51

Post by Plain Old Dave »

Update. I have it. 1919 gun, rough outside, filthy bore. Cleaning underway. Developing story, as the saying goes.
AMraider

Post by AMraider »

Congrats on your purchase and at a good price. I have been using handloads with Berry's 100 grain bullets and Tightgroup. I have also used Winchester Whitebox with no problems. I like the Handloads better since they don't beat the gun up so much. Enjoy!

Jeff
Plain Old Dave

Post by Plain Old Dave »

Anybody have good results with CCI Blazers?
Plain Old Dave

Post by Plain Old Dave »

There's one pic. Carried her at work today.Image

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Plain Old Dave

Post by Plain Old Dave »

Tried to contact the Model 51 research guy. Number doesn't work and the email bounces. Help?
Jabawba1

Post by Jabawba1 »

Dave, I have two functional M51’s. A Type 1; and a Type 2. love both of them and have done a lot of research and history on them. If you have a question I may be able to help you. I stripped them down and removed the barrels, springs and breach blocks to give them a thorough cleaning. In my endeavors to find these and keep them in original condition I have acquired an extra magazine, breach bolt, and firing pin. I have also talked to many longtime gunsmiths that have CNC machines and milling equipment and it is possible to have reproduction parts made; however, you really have to be in love with the M-51 because the cost is very high. The milling for a breach bolt takes between 20-25 separate milling operations because of the tolerances required. Pedersen’s technology was and is still way head of current technology. If you want to contact me I can be reached at 719-235-1104.