XP-100 Stock repair

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
Gigg

XP-100 Stock repair

Post by Gigg »

I have an eqarly model XP-100 with the plastic (?) stock. The small black foend tip popped off. I tried model cement but it didn't work, it had no effect on the stock material at all. What can I use to glue/adhere it back? It has a Bushnell "Phantom" scope but no iron sights. I thought they came with iron sights?
Gigg
Dave

Post by Dave »

Your XP did originally come with iron sights. They were the same sights you would find on a Rem. 600. Most times when someone puts on a scope the iron sights are removed. I'm not sure why as my XP has a scope and the iron sights are still on it. It may be due to whatever mounts are used. It's conceivable that some mounts require the rear sight to be removed to mount the scope. As far as gluing your for-end back on goes, being an auto body guy, there is a glue we use to glue anything plastic, metal or fiberglass that once used cannot be broken loose no matter what you do. Go to any auto body supply store and tell them you want the glue that they use to glue the roof skins on the newer cars. Simms makes the one that I use.
HTH
Dave
Gigg

Post by Gigg »

Dave
Thanks for the tip. I will head to the auto parts store today and give it a try. The scope I have must have been a cheap instant fit back when the gun came out. The Bushnell "Phantom" works, but pales compared to the newer pistol scopes.
Gigg
shooter44

Post by shooter44 »

if you can't fix the stock.
I can

Lowcountry Gunsmith
Ridgeland,SC 29936
Gigg

Stock repair

Post by Gigg »

Shooter44
Thanks, the special epoxy I used did the trick.
Gigg
shooter44

Post by shooter44 »

glad it worked out :)
Dave

special epoxy

Post by Dave »

Was the special epoxy you used the Simms that I suggested?