Playing Cards - Remington Firearms & Ammunition Advertising Cards UMC-Co.

Stoystown

Playing Cards - Remington Firearms & Ammunition Advertising Cards UMC-Co.

Post by Stoystown »

HI,

I am looking for information on a deck of REMINGTON - UMC FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION COMPANY cards by made by Gemaco-Co. My understanding is the image on the cards is by John Eads Collins, Titled "Rabbit Hunting" | Remington Art Collection. This painting was first used around 1910 and later featured in 1976 to honor our nation's bicentennial, among 15 others, in Remington advertisements and their popular calendars and later displayed throughout the company’s facilities. It is of a man carrying a shotgun with his hunting dogs with an orange sky in the background.

This playing deck must be old and scarce because I cannot find another. I can find the poster with the same scene, one with an orange sky and another with a yellow sky.

GEMACO was established in 1965 so this deck could have been made in 1976 of the nations bicentennial. Does anyone know the date/year this deck of cards was produced, or what there value may be?

I would consider these cards to be in vg+ condition. In my opinion never used and the only wear is from storage without a box.

Regards,