information

Intrest-rem

information

Post by Intrest-rem »

I have a few Remington rifles. Since Remington is no longer in business, I became curious and wanted to learn more about them; manufacture dates, production numbers, values, etc., but haven't been able to find very much information. I hoped someone would share websites, links, publications or any other source of information on Remington firearms. Thanks.
aardq

Re: information

Post by aardq »

Hi interest,

This is a good place to start, but we need to know what models, what calibers, and special finishes. Photos really help a lot. You might want to have a single post fir each rifle to make it easier to follow the discussions.

Good luck,
Daniel
Intrest-rem

Post by Intrest-rem »

Thank you Daniel for the help, model numbers; 870 marine mag XCS (NIB), 1100 sporting 12 (NIB), I was able to date these, the 870; 07/2007 and the 1100; 11/2007 but that's about all. I have a 12C 60%, 12CS 60%, 540RX 80%. A couple of Eddystones and a 1917 these seem to be in relatively good condition. Let me say that I am not a gun grader but looked at some help online with grading the 12C and CS. Some of these rifles' are in storage but can get some pics later. Thanks again Rick.
aardq

Post by aardq »

Hi interest,

First thing to do is to re-post this in the correct section, "Remington rifles - post 1898" section. More people that may be able to help will see it there, than if it's in the, "Remington Society - General Comments" section. Go to the "manufacturing dates" section on the home page, and you may find the info there that will tell you how to read the barrel and receiver codes to determine dates. Rem began this system in 1922, so any guns made before then won't have the code.

Hopefully someone will jump in that knows about your guns.
Good luck,
Daniel
Intrest-rem

Post by Intrest-rem »

Daniel your help is greatly appreciated. As you probably realize I'm a rooky at using these forums, this is the first time I've posted anything. I will take your advice and repost my questions where it will hopefully reach more people with knowledge about my rifles.