Wood workers to avoid

telluride

Wood workers to avoid

Post by telluride »

I had the worst experience of my life in dealing with Evans Compton and Eddie Hilton in NC. I sent them a 32 stock so Evans could use it to make a duplicate with his stock machine.
1. I asked that the new wood math the Fleur de Lis forearm I sent. The wood was not even close to
matching, and the stock was poorly cut.

2. I asked Eddie to clean up the checkering on the forearm. He RUINED a fine piece of wood.

3. Eddie was supposedly great at checkering once upon a time. Well, that time is well past. The
checkering is so rough it would draw blood, and so bad I would not turn in for an 8th grade shop
project. The checkering looks like it was done by a drunk with the shakes.

4. I also sent Eddie a receiver so he could fit a BRAND NEW 32 stock to it. He chipped both sides of the
stock with no evidence of attempted repairs. I believe he did this intentionally when I demanded he
my wood after more than 6 months.

When I asked him about this, he said "so what".

I showed this wood to the leading expert on Model 32's in the country, and he agreed that nothing
could be done to repair this shoddy workmanship, and nobody that knew what they were doing could possibly consider this as acceptable work.

I thought I could save a few $$, and let these guys do the work. Now, I'm paying someone of great
reputation, that cares about his work to do the work again.

Anybody want some high quality kindling?

How to replace a BRAND NEW factory 32 stock? IMPOSSIBLE

Sadly, I waited too long to take these ignorant hillbillies to court.