Las Vegas, Denver....favorite antique gun show?

AZMike

Las Vegas, Denver....favorite antique gun show?

Post by AZMike » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:51 am

What show do you go to? Or all of them! Our local shows are so full of black guns and weird stuff, I'll admit I will spend a morning trying to sort through each booth to find a treasure that I can take home.

aardq

Re: Las Vegas, Denver....favorite antique gun show?

Post by aardq » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:32 am

All shows have their own local flavor, but over all I'd rate Vegas, Balto, and Denver in that order. Never been to Reno, and Tulsa is so big you miss a lot of things.
YMMV
Dan

AZMike

Post by AZMike » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 am

Right you are Dan. Missing Las Vegas this year but Rick and I plan on taking the hunting truck and camper to Denver and "tailgating" for a couple of days. Look for the grill and ice chests!

remgunsguy

Post by remgunsguy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:32 pm

For those not familiar with the big Denver event, the Colorado Gun Collectors’ Association puts on a once-a-year, 1000 table show where only gun-related items are permitted. Current production guns and black guns are not allowed. It’s all blue steel and wood.

For those who don’t ship guns it’s this state's best opportunity to deal face to face, and lots of stuff walks in the doors.

Display collectors may compete for cash prizes in a formal judging by the staff. Best of Show gets a $2000 cash award; the next ten category winners get $1000 each, and there are smaller prizes.

http://www.cgca.com/gsinfo.html
Last edited by remgunsguy on Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aardq

Post by aardq » Thu May 02, 2019 12:00 am

AZMike, When and where shall we meet in Denver?