Remington model 12c 22 cal. rifle

scared

Remington model 12c 22 cal. rifle

Post by scared »

I have a 12c that belonged to my father. Was wondering about the date of manufacture ? The serial number is RW 446027 ..... Thanks in advance for any info.
nambujim

Re: Remington model 12c 22 cal. rifle

Post by nambujim »

Check the left side of the barrel for a "barrel code" just in front of the receiver, should be two letters, and they will tell you the month/year of production. We usually leave the M12 questions to John Gyde who wrote the bible on this model but I don't have one. A wild guess on my part would be 1925ish and I'm not sure yours actually has a code but take a look. If it has a barrel code you can check the date yourself using the barrel code info on the main page of the RSA site.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

nambujim wrote:Check the left side of the barrel for a "barrel code" just in front of the receiver, should be two letters, and they will tell you the month/year of production. We usually leave the M12 questions to John Gyde who wrote the bible on this model but I don't have one. A wild guess on my part would be 1925ish and I'm not sure yours actually has a code but take a look. If it has a barrel code you can check the date yourself using the barrel code info on the main page of the RSA site.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Rifle to early for barrel code 1919
scared

Post by scared »

Thanks Jim, The serial number is on the receiver not on the barrel. I find no numbers or letters on the barrel at all. The letters RW are on the receiver like this.... RW which is cross ways on the bottom of the receiver. The numbers are length ways on the bottom. So maybe it is pre 1920 ? again, thanks