Log-in issues?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Log-in issues?

Post by admin »

Gamemaster32 wrote:Umm...I think I spoke too soon. Am right back to the same getting automatically logged-out issue.
I'd manually delete the cookie from the old site and make new one
Gamemaster32

Post by Gamemaster32 »

I spent a good portion of time yesterday trying to figure/straighten this issue out, to no avail. :!: I re-saved the shortcut, manually deleted & reinstalled cookies, checked internet security & all computer settings, etc., and am still being logged-off in between my oft daily visits. :?:

My computer used to stay logged-in virtually indefinitely, and I find this to be very interesting. I'm sure it's just a matter of finding the correct setting, but I've exceeded my computer competency. I'll just have to adapt & overcome. :lol:
Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Same here - and I am really beginning to suspect the problem does not lie at the individual level.

But, I can certainly log in each visit if I have to.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nothing has changed with the software or system at all regarding the forums, the rest of site yes but nothing here. Cookies and bookmarks all need to be changed.
Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Have changed bookmarks and removed old cookies, in BOTH my browsers (Safari 5.1.10) and Firefox (43.0.1) with no effect.

What I have not done is change my password. Maybe that would kick-start a new path?
stanforth

Post by stanforth »

I have been in the same position for weeks. Now I scan the forum but only log-in when I wist to post... Like just now!! :(
Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I have waited what I consider a decent interval, to mention this again - and - unlike my initial followup, for which I was chided - it now seems that the situation, which persists, is not unique to me.

I have reset/deleted, etc. everything that you asked me to do, without result. The log-in fails to hold, and it does not matter which browser I use.

Perhaps changing the password would help?

Thank you.
stanforth

Post by stanforth »

Having posted on this thread before (20 Dec.2015) I received an e-mail this morning containing a login page. I logged in ..OK... closed the forum , then re-opened it and guess what. I have had to login again to post this reply. :?
Ok it,s no great bother but I now only login when there is a thread that interests me. As I check the forum twice a day this gives an inacqurate indication of the traffic on the forum. It also discourages members from using the forum, less intersting, new, threads and I login less. :roll:
Gamemaster32

Post by Gamemaster32 »

Dick Hosmer wrote:I have waited what I consider a decent interval, to mention this again - and - unlike my initial followup, for which I was chided - it now seems that the situation, which persists, is not unique to me.

I have reset/deleted, etc. everything that you asked me to do, without result. The log-in fails to hold, and it does not matter which browser I use.

Perhaps changing the password would help?

Thank you.

I'm still experiencing as you; have to constantly log-in manually. :?:
Tom H

Post by Tom H »

I had a computer person come and do the work on my computer with the cookies and other suggestions and I still have to sign in each time I go on the site. I sure hope the problem can get solved soon......
NRA Benefactor Member
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I had the time to really dig I found a cookies setting problem, hopefully this will fix it.
Sorry I really just didn't have the time to dig, it just "depends" if it worked before it should just work now.
stanforth

Post by stanforth »

YES... It seems to have worked this time... Fingers crossed. :)
Gamemaster32

Post by Gamemaster32 »

Not working for me. Same situation. Not a big deal.
Tom H

Post by Tom H »

I am happy to report that it is working for me. I now remain signed in. Thanks for fixing the problem....tom
NRA Benefactor Member
Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Ahhh, the sweet smell of vindication!

Things appear to be back to normal.

My sincere thanks to the administrator for digging down and finding the problem!