Does the date of 1819 have any significance to Remington?

quinn

Does the date of 1819 have any significance to Remington?

Post by quinn »

I understand that Remington built his first gun in 1816, but I have a gun that was presented to Charles K. Davis in 1953, with the serial number 1819. Years ago I was a serious collector of Remington single shots and had a lot of history tucked in the back of my mind... 1819, wants to ring a bell, but I can't place it. Or, the serial number may have no significance. Any thoughts would be appreciated. The presentation gun is the "Centennial" model of S&W celebrating their 100th anniversary.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Does the date of 1819 have any significance to Remington

Post by admin »

quinn wrote:I understand that Remington built his first gun in 1816, but I have a gun that was presented to Charles K. Davis in 1953, with the serial number 1819. Years ago I was a serious collector of Remington single shots and had a lot of history tucked in the back of my mind... 1819, wants to ring a bell, but I can't place it. Or, the serial number may have no significance. Any thoughts would be appreciated. The presentation gun is the "Centennial" model of S&W celebrating their 100th anniversary.

google "site:remington.com history"

That's all I can add.