Model 11D

Daves Trades

Model 11D

Post by Daves Trades »

I've acquired a 11D in 90% condition a 1931 manufactured model . I'm looking to see if there's information on the description of this model from Remington . Through the serial # on what the specification on each individual model may have had on delivery . For example stock length, barrel fixed choke or poly choke .... I have found information from old gun adds on the 11D that it could be special ordered stock length , factory installed poly choke etc...
Fowlgunner

Re: Model 11D

Post by Fowlgunner »

Dave (I assume),

I don't believe there will be anything in the serial number that will indicate any of the features that you mention.

There are, however, ways to see if the different parts of the gun are serialized together and if they match within historical timelines.

As far as the poly-choke, the way most are determined factory original is if a) the barrel has no choke markings or designation on it either on the left side or on the bottom, and/or b) it is integral of the barrel, meaning shoulders of the start of the choke device are part of the barrel steel and there is no seam at that point.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Will