"Factory letter" for Remington rifles

Post Reply
Mustang
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:38 pm

"Factory letter" for Remington rifles

Post by Mustang » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 pm

Does Remington offer "factory letters" (ala Smith and Wesson) that include specifics of when and to whom a particular rifle was shipped to?

User avatar
Scorpion8
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:06 pm
Location: SouthEast Alaska

Re: "Factory letter" for Remington rifles

Post by Scorpion8 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:37 pm

I've never seen one, and with all their recent financial woes it may not be at the top of their priority list, but it also never hurts to ask them.
NRA Life; NAHC Life; Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, ......glory .......lasts forever!

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:14 pm

Re: "Factory letter" for Remington rifles

Post by admin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Mustang wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 pm
Does Remington offer "factory letters" (ala Smith and Wesson) that include specifics of when and to whom a particular rifle was shipped to?
What age?
Old Remington records were destroyed in a fire.

Mustang
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: "Factory letter" for Remington rifles

Post by Mustang » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:46 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:55 pm
Mustang wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 pm
Does Remington offer "factory letters" (ala Smith and Wesson) that include specifics of when and to whom a particular rifle was shipped to?
What age?
Old Remington records were destroyed in a fire.
It is an FBI model Remington 81. Probably in the very late 30's or early 40's.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26600

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:14 pm

Re: "Factory letter" for Remington rifles

Post by admin » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 am

Mustang wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:46 pm
admin wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:55 pm
Mustang wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 pm
Does Remington offer "factory letters" (ala Smith and Wesson) that include specifics of when and to whom a particular rifle was shipped to?
What age?
Old Remington records were destroyed in a fire.
It is an FBI model Remington 81. Probably in the very late 30's or early 40's.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26600
If you don't know about the "Great Model 8" website you should, http://thegreatmodel8.net/
I just notices that's not ssl, I should fix that. Many many that's to Cam for contents of this site.

Mustang
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: "Factory letter" for Remington rifles

Post by Mustang » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 am

Thanks, admin. I'm in contact with Cam. He is a great source and very knowledgeable.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests