Elliot deringer 22 assembly/disassembly

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
Abouttime

Elliot deringer 22 assembly/disassembly

Post by Abouttime »

Are there any sources for instructions for assembly/disassembly of the elliot-remington deringers? Take down? parts lists? breakdown diagrams? I am especially interested in the 22 cal. but others would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Maybe one of you owners has detailed pictures of the internals...

Thanks in advance!
DavidFagan

Re: Elliot deringer 22 assembly/disassembly

Post by DavidFagan »

Abouttime wrote:Are there any sources for instructions for assembly/disassembly of the elliot-remington deringers? Take down? parts lists? breakdown diagrams? I am especially interested in the 22 cal. but others would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Maybe one of you owners has detailed pictures of the internals...

Thanks in advance!
Yep I believe I have most of the above and probably do have detailed pictures of the internals but doubt I could even find them anymore. I also have a diagram of the tool I made with specs to put a elliot or ZigZag back together, but frankly I would recommend you DO NOT take out the hammer and leave the bottom half alone or your asking for grief. If you do take it apart I think I have more replacement springs because you WILL break it.

Let me go dig, the stuff is from the American Rifleman from years ago...
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
DavidFagan

Post by DavidFagan »

American Rifleman...

I have to scan my drawings of the tool.
Attachments
AR_Elliot_P0.jpg
AR_Elliot_P0.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 20678 times
AR_Elliot_P1.jpg
AR_Elliot_P1.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 20678 times
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
Abouttime

Post by Abouttime »

Thank you David! It is just the kind of information I knew someone had. Thanks for taking the time to find it and then to post it. I appreciate it... a lot! :D