Army Conversion with CA marking

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
Karsten99

Army Conversion with CA marking

Post by Karsten99 »

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I just bought an Army Conversion .46rf with the marking in big letters and digits "CA 99" at right frame close to the barrel. I am a relative new collector, so perhaps you can help me for what this marking stands?

Wish you all the best for christmas :-)

Karsten
Remington Army.JPG
Remington Army.JPG (105.55 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
aardq

Re: Army Conversion with CA marking

Post by aardq »

Hi Karsten,

Bill T is the expert on these CA marked guns. He had an article in the RSA Journal a few years ago about these guns. The short version is that they belonged to the "Citizens Authority" of Chicago. They purchased rifles and pistols to hold in reserve, to give to the Chicago Police if the need ever arose. Hey Bill, jump right on in here and give us the full story.

Dan
aardq

Post by aardq »

Hi again Karsten,

I'm slow on the draw today. Bill T already answered this in the post, "Remington Conversion." I was wrong on the A, as Bill said, it stands for Association.

Dan
billt

Post by billt »

Hi Karsten,
Can you tell me the serial number and the conversion number on your C.A. marked revolver. The serial number can be found on the bottom barrel flat and on the frame under the left grip. They are most likely the same. The conversion number (up to four digits) will be found on the bottom barrel flat between the loading lever latch post and the serial number. I have C.A.99 listed in my records but I do not have the serial number or conversion number for that revolver.

Thanks in advance and have a Merry Christmas.

Bill