Iroquois base pin

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
dorsey

Iroquois base pin

Post by dorsey »

I just purchased this Iroquois at a local gun show for $300. I'd like to hear opinions on whether the base pin has been replaced. I think it has. Despite that, I'm pretty sure the price was low because most of the other handguns were contemporary rather than antiques.

I've only seen photos of these, so I have no side-by-side comparisons to make. The checkering is coarser than others I've seen, it appears to be shorter, and there's no catch. Otherwise, it appears to be very well made. Other than the checkering length, the dimensions are tight, both diameter and length within the frame, and there's a slight friction fit in the frame; no looseness in the cylinder at all. Finally, it's nickel plated, so either another gun's base pin fits precisely, or someone went to a lot of trouble to make this.

If this is a replacement, I think that the potential of a 100% complete gun is worth the time it will take to find one. Plus, I like looking through parts bins.

Thanks for any help you may provide.
Attachments
Remington Iroquois.jpg
Remington Iroquois.jpg (81.76 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Dorsey Harrington
llyc

Re: Iroquois base pin

Post by llyc »

Good Morning
If you go to google and search remington irouqois and select images you will see quite a few........maybe this will help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's not like any I've seen, I've only however seen one style and that's not it.
Brian in SLC

Post by Brian in SLC »

Looks similar to mine except a bit shorter (mine is longer but similar in profile).
danjones

Post by danjones »

Hello,
Brand new to this forum. I have an Iroquois revolver in good shape but it is missing the cylinder pin. I turned a pin which allows me have the gun assembled, but the pin does not latch. Pictures on the net seem to indicate a press tab on the bottom of the pin next to the frame. I do not understand how this pin latches. I would appreciate any info on how to obtain a pin fo my revolver.
Thanks
Dan