Remington accessories

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
CALIBRE44

Remington accessories

Post by CALIBRE44 »

Not shure where to post this, but tends to have more lookers here...Jim
Colt offered molds, flasks, nipple wrenches, screwdrivers even a tool for the 1911..Other than the Dog flask which is associated with Remington, what other accesories did they offer with their percussion guns? Any pictures???
ChuckD

Re: Remington accessories

Post by ChuckD »

CALIBRE44
Drury F. Williford, Jr. published, as he called it, a monograph, "Molds for Remington Percussion Revolvers and Revolving Rifles", in 1991. It was published by the Overland Cartridge Co. He lists molds associated with Remington, but without establishing whether they were in fact made by Remington.
Other accessories can be found with boxed and cased guns that are assumed to be original Remington.
Again we don't know for sure if they were produced by them.
I hope this helps.
ChuckD
CALIBRE44

Re: Remington accessories

Post by CALIBRE44 »

Hi Chuck....Tried to research the Williford book..Seems it is long out of print..Checked my Library, nothing..His 'book" contained sketches, not real photos..I do know that when the goverment ordered revolvers they would get 25 molds with every 50 guns..Un- marked and don't know who made them, I've seen no reference that they were factory made. Once in awhile you will see a mold for sale that says Remington Mold, but no proof it is Remington..With Remington cased sets you see the Eagle flask simular to that offered by Colt..Perhaps one of the researchers over in the Remington Society will do a study on flasks and molds and share it with us....Interesting...Jim