Engraved 1875 Revolver

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
kenady

Engraved 1875 Revolver

Post by kenady »

I recently purchased an 1875 Revolver which is engraved and has carved ivory grips. While I am pretty familiar with Colt SAA engraving, I am not with Remington. I would like to share pictures with Remington collectors who are familiar with Remington engraving of this period to obtain information regarding the source of the engraving. The engraving is extensive and very well done and I am confident that it is contempory with tlhe initial sale of the revolver.
DavidFagan

Re: Engraved 1875 Revolver

Post by DavidFagan »

kenady wrote:I recently purchased an 1875 Revolver which is engraved and has carved ivory grips. While I am pretty familiar with Colt SAA engraving, I am not with Remington. I would like to share pictures with Remington collectors who are familiar with Remington engraving of this period to obtain information regarding the source of the engraving. The engraving is extensive and very well done and I am confident that it is contempory with tlhe initial sale of the revolver.
I would be more then happy to put any pictures you care to contribute in the gallery.
Please just send them to me via my e-mail link or remington@remingtonsociety.com.

thanks.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
Kenady

Engraved 1875 Remington Revolver

Post by Kenady »

Pictures of this revolver may be seen in the Photo Gallery, RSA Members. Comments are invited. Thanks.