Nylon 10 single shot bolt action

Wanted to Buy - Other Remington Collectables
mynorac

Nylon 10 single shot bolt action

Post by mynorac »

I have a single shot bolt action Remington Nylon 10 that my Father gave me in 1962. The stock got broken about 10 years ago and I have just kept the rest of the rifle in my gun safe. I thought that someday I might just run into another stock and repair the rifle. Little did I know that the Nylon 10 would become collectable! I started my search and quickly found out that an original stock was going to be difficult or much too expensive for my limited budget. I have contacted numerous stock manufactures with the idea of getting something close and then fitting it myself. I am pretty handy with wood but maybe I didn't make myself clear enough because every response came back pretty negitive. Again I was only looking for something semi-close. Then I found this web site and thought that if anyone could help me, you guys probably could. Another thought that I had was that if an original stock is unlikely, I might try to fit the action and barrel to some really wild like a brightly colored laminated thumb hole stock. Sort of create my own gun kind of thing. Probably this is beyond my skill set but I am pretty good with wood and can weld a little. So my choices are to find an original stock, fit it to a wood stock of similar deminsions or trick it out. The original would be the best but I don't think I can afford it.

I don't know whether or not the action/barrel are valuable and I would hate to ruin something my modifying the gun to fit some other type of stock. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would appreciate hearing from you.
ChuckD

Re: Nylon 10 single shot bolt action

Post by ChuckD »

mynorac,
There is a very good site that is devoted only to Nylons. nylonrifles.com.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/NylonRifles/Home/Home.html

You will find some very knowledgeable and helpful fellows there.
mynorac

Re: Nylon 10 single shot bolt action

Post by mynorac »

Thanks Chuck