1985 Remington 1100 SP Magnum 26"&30" Barrels

Wanted to Buy Post - 1898 Remington Firearms
rutnstrutgamecalls

1985 Remington 1100 SP Magnum 26"&30" Barrels

Post by rutnstrutgamecalls »

I am looking for information about the 1985 Remington 1100 SP (Special Purpose) Magnum with 26" (Turkey Model) or 30" (Duck Model) Barrel. This Gun in this configuration was only made in limited quantities and only made for one year with a Fixed Full Choke. All sunsequent Model 1100 had Screw in Choke Tubes. All Internal parts where chrome plated. The Inside of the Barrel was also Chrome Plated to make this a very durable Shotgun that would stand up to the elements very well! The Barrel is also much thicker on this model than all subsequent Model 1100 Barrels. These Guns also came with a Camo Nylon Sling and Sling Swivels installed. Barrel and Stock were Bead Blasted to produce a Low Luster Matte Finish. Any help in finding more information on this Gun would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know quantities manufactured (I was told only one run of these guns was made in both configurations). I would really like to find one of the 26" Barreled Shotguns if anyone knows where one is at!
cowboy

Re: 1985 Remington 1100 SP Magnum 26"&30" Barrels

Post by cowboy »

I've got what you r describing except mine is made in 86 and has remchokes. 26 Inch barrel. It does not say special purpose on it and nor do the ones I've seen on gunbroker say special purpose. Mine has the finish u r describing but nothing is chrome lined on it. That would make them pretty expensive I would think. I do have the magnum. I have seen this version in a slug barrel configuration in 2 3/4. I know they r more rare but I don't know how many they produced. Are the any specifics you would like to know for some reason? I can give info based on my gun.