Remington 31 and Special Field Barrels Wanted

Wanted to Buy Post - 1898 Remington Firearms
Fish Springs

Remington 31 and Special Field Barrels Wanted

Post by Fish Springs »

I am in the market for:

Remington M 31 barrel that is not full choke and less than 30" long. Would like to shoot some retro-skeet with my gun. It is a 30" full choke plain bbl. A power pack, cutts or similar gizmo would be okay if open choke setting works as this is a shoot skeet project. 2.75" chamber.

Remington 870 LW Special Field 20 ga. VR barrel of 24-28 inches, skeet or remchoked. But a longer, fixed choke, VR, barrel would be a starting point. 2.75 or 3" chamber works here.

Thanks,
Fish Springs
Texas, USA
Fish Springs

Post by Fish Springs »

Found the M 31 BBL. The Special Field 870 20, only came in 21" and 23" and the two for sale in the known universe are 21".

Let me know if there is a 23" 20 GA 870 Special Field in need of a home.

Fish
Fish Springs
Texas, USA
Fish Springs

Post by Fish Springs »

A quick up date on the M31 Skeet Project. After sometime in finding a gunsmith with tooling and ability to fit an Original Remington Factory Poly Choke barrel to my receiver we are ready to shoot skeet.

Should anyone need M31 work done. Ray Freer of Freer's Gun Shop, Houston Texas did excellent work. The never before fitted barrel needed to be head spaced, chamber lengthend a bit.

With this work and a hand full of Bismuth shot we now have a multi-purpose pumpshotgun to put back in the field in the 21st century.
Fish Springs
Texas, USA