Remington 700BDL Custom Deluxe Left Hand .243 Win

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Rem700BDL

Remington 700BDL Custom Deluxe Left Hand .243 Win

Post by Rem700BDL »

Hello everyone. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be apart of this forum. I need some help with the rarity of a Remington 700BDL Custom Deluxe left hand .243 Win. The blue book of gun values states that the left hand .243 is scarce and was discontinued in 2004. Please help me with any data you can provide on this model/caliber. Is it actually rare? What are they selling for? Thank you!
Wulfman

Re: Remington 700BDL Custom Deluxe Left Hand .243 Win

Post by Wulfman »

Rem700BDL wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:45 pm Hello everyone. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be apart of this forum. I need some help with the rarity of a Remington 700BDL Custom Deluxe left hand .243 Win. The blue book of gun values states that the left hand .243 is scarce and was discontinued in 2004. Please help me with any data you can provide on this model/caliber. Is it actually rare? What are they selling for? Thank you!
Well, first of all, you could check the barrel date code to determine when it was manufactured.

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/manufacture-dates/

if the serial number doesn't have a preceding letter, it was made before (about) 1975. If there is an "A" preceding the serial number, it was made between 1975 and 1980. A "B" letter means it was made in the early 1980s and a "C" letter means the latter part of the 1980s. Higher letter codes would indicate later manufacturing date groups.

Personally, I'm not familiar with the current values as I haven't spent any time trying to keep up with them in many years. But, remember that something is only "worth" what someone else is willing to pay for it.
I always felt that the "Blue Book" was quite a bit higher than what the real world values were. You might try looking at the gun auction websites for what some of them have sold for recently.
If it's in good condition and shoots well, keep it and enjoy making memories with it.

Remington's website used to have date lists of when some of their model and caliber variations were made, but I can't find it anymore......their website seems to have changed quite a bit.

Good luck.

Den

Rem700BDL

Post by Rem700BDL »

Thanks for the info Den. I appreciate it. I'm starting to think they are not as rare or "scarce" as people make them out to be. Since they are left handed, I figured I could find a young hunter that's left handed or left eye dominant and help them get started with a good hunting rifle.
Wulfman

Post by Wulfman »

Here's a link to some of the information I referenced previously:

https://www.remington.com/model-700-history

Den