Remington knive

Sign the guestbook
chucha

Remington knive

Post by chucha »

I got a box of knives at a yard sale and inside was a fixed-blade, wood-handled knife. Curved skinner-style blade is close to 5" and has "Packers Special - famous for their razor sharp edges - finest open hearth steel - 110 point carbon quality - hand ground and sharpened" on 5 small, but legible lines.
The handle has "Remington (script, underlined) - dupont (inside an oval) -K1155", on 3 lines.
I know about the "bullet" knives.
What's this?

thanks,
cha :?: :D

Re: Remington knive

Post by Guest »

chucha wrote:I got a box of knives at a yard sale and inside was a fixed-blade, wood-handled knife. Curved skinner-style blade is close to 5" and has "Packers Special - famous for their razor sharp edges - finest open hearth steel - 110 point carbon quality - hand ground and sharpened" on 5 small, but legible lines.
The handle has "Remington (script, underlined) - dupont (inside an oval) -K1155", on 3 lines.
I know about the "bullet" knives.
What's this?

thanks,
cha :?: :D
Remington Cutlery owned by Dupont made a line of hosehold and industrial knives from 1934 t0 1940. Yours is one of those knives. I can not find it listed in either the 1936 or the 1939 Cutlery cattalogs I own. It must have been made and offered between these dates. "K" in front of the number denotes "Flat Cutlery".
Jay Huber RSA jayrem@aol.com
chucha

Post by chucha »

Jay - Many thanks for the info. Looks like I will be able to sharpen it up and use it without having collectors yelling "get a rope, find a tree". It looks like it will be just fine for skinning and boning out a deer, after it has been field-dressed. We shall see!

cha :D