Followup to Lost/Stolen 40 X Rimfire Repeater

Sign the guestbook
Bill

Followup to Lost/Stolen 40 X Rimfire Repeater

Post by Bill »

Happy Holidays

This is a folllowup to my last posting which I incorrectly posted to the Post 1898 Pistol bulletin board.

In August I purchased four rifles from J C Devine Auctions in New Hampshire. The most expensive of the lot was a boxed 40X Rimfire Repeater. All four were shipped on the same afternoon but the 40X went to one UPS shipping center and the other three went to another. The three lesser rifles arrived without incident but the 40X never left the transshipment center. After 2 months UPS paid a claim and Devine reimbursed me the insured value. As a collector I would much prefer the rifle to the money and tried to get UPS to list the rifle as stolen with the national database and to guarantee me the right of first refusal to repurchase should it be recovered. They refused and stated that their contract is with the shipper(Devine) and such a request must originate with the shipper, even though I had paid for the gun and it was already on its way to my receiving FFL. Two letters to Devine have been ignored. I would surely appreciate any advice any members could give. Regards,

Bill Holler woodsman@capt.cc

Please see my origal posting for the serial number of the gun in question, if you see it I would certainly appreciate a call.
chucha

Post by chucha »

This is a legal matter. Get a lawyer. One from your gun or sportsman's club membership. And,

good luck,

cha :D