Rolling block rifle.

Sign the guestbook
galden@pooldesignconsulta

Rolling block rifle.

Post by galden@pooldesignconsulta »

Customer (Gary Alden) - 11/16/2003 04:42 PM
I have a rolling block Remington rifle with no Patent date that is old. I I am guessing a 32 caliber because it has 32 R?? on the underside of the barrel about 2" infront of the handgrip.. The model number is H41472. It has an octagonal barrel about 25" long to the breech.

Can anyone ID it?

Best for the holidays. May the Lord's grace abound for you and yours.

rolling block rifle

Post by guest »

the 32R DESIGNATS caliber as a 32- remington not the same as a 32w which is a 32-20 winchester round a chamber castin using cerrosafe available from midway or brownells can verify the cal for you. its a low melt alloy thats easy ot use. and very accurate.
Tom H

Post by Tom H »

My knowledge about rolling blocks is extremely limited, but I don't think the cartridge would be a 32 Remington. The 32 Remington was introduced around 1908 and is a rimless cartridge. I think rolling blocks used only rimmed cartridges in various sizes. Rolling blocks were once advertised in 32-100. Another possibility would be a 32-30 Remington, which became obsolete in 1912, and is illustrated in "Cartridges of the World." I think the only safe course of action would be to make a chamber casting to find out for sure. If you can get a copy of "Remington, America's Oldest Gunmaker", by Roy Marcot, you might be able to learn more about your particular rifle.