another 760

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
herbie99

another 760

Post by herbie99 »

Hi I bought a 760 at at gun show Sat, made in1954 the metal is about 99% the stock appears to have been re finished but was not sanded just rubbed down and a new coat of linspeed put on it is almost perfect , it has a 2.5 weaver scope with flip off mounts. the scope has a post and one cross hair also no defects , sight's are original for that year . 30/06 cal and leather sling with quick disconnect swivels. Price $300.00 out the door. is that good or does the stock. ruin the price thanks all >>
shoot it-eat it///
rem141

Post by rem141 »

Herbie99, It is possible that if the metal is 99%, that the wood was not refinished. Some of those early 760s had a bright shine. Is the gold color on the side edge of the buttplate still intact, that clue usually tells much about the condition and originallity of the early 760s. At any rate I think you got a bargain.
kcoop9999

Post by kcoop9999 »

:cry: I let a nice 760 get away this fall. Favorite pawnshop had an older .35 Remington. He wanted $350.00 and I thought that was a little too high for the shape it was in. The stock was very cherry and the barrel and hardware were all in excellent shape. The catch was someone (stupid) (really stupid) had scrubbed the blue off the reciever with what must have been steel wool, it was basically "in the white" :roll: :x stopped by about a month later and evidently someone else had thought the price was ok! :oops: